Thursday, April 25, 2013

Make a masculine lamp girly

We have these two lamps that used to be in my fiances room before we moved in together. They are by no means ugly but I still didn't like them. So I decided to make them Mrs. and Mr. lamps. I went to Joann's fabrics and got some ruffled ribbon. Then I started taking hot glue and wrapping it around the top. When I got back to the same spot I cut it. Then I continued doing this all the way to the bottom of the shade. So while my fiance hates what I did to his lamp it is definitely growing on me. I think I might add a few fabric flowers to it and maybe even some silk buttons to the back.
Is there anything in you house that you wish was more feminine? Is there anything of your husband or boyfriends you would change to suit you better?



No comments:

Post a Comment